Monday, February 4, 2019

Review of the Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker series by Kate Danley

Holy criminey! What has a kick-ass heroine, a sexy-as-all-get-out elf and a whole bunch of inter-dimensional trouble in the form of vampires trying to take over the Earth? Plus a lot of creepy citizens of the Other Side?  The Maggie MacKay series, that's what.  Oh. My. Goodness!  If you want a funny as hell, rollicking slapstick comedy, PLUS a paranormal wonderland of out-of-this world critters and creeps, you have to check this series out!



I read the first book, Maggie for Hire, last year. Got it as a free book off of Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MZ1F8E/ref=series_rw_dp_sw for your copy) and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I had a heavy reading load at the time and some reviews I had to get published, so I got away from Maggie's world, sad to say. I came back to Maggie after reading Kate's latest book, Miss Spell's Hotel, that I reviewed in a blog post earlier this week. I realized that there was a whole world of Maggie MacKay that I hadn't even touched, so I prepared myself and dove straight in!

Now, I have to tell you, these books are not your usual paranormal experience (or at least not mine). Yes, there is doom and destruction, the fate of the world hanging in the balance, all that, but there is also laugh out loud slapstick and a bawdy sense of humor that permeates the whole series. As the intro to each book states: "WARNING: This book contains cussing, brawling, hootin' & hollerin', and other unladylike behavior". And boy-howdy do they!

The series currently consists of 10 books, with two more pending AND several novellas:

MAGGIE MACKAY - MAGICAL TRACKER SERIES
Book I: Maggie for Hire
Book II: Maggie Get Your Gun
Book III: Maggie on the Bounty
Book IV: M&K Tracking
Book V: The M-Team
Book VI: Maggie Goes to Hollywood
Book VII: Maggie Reloaded
Book VIII: Maggie Goes Medieval
Book IX: Eine Kleine Nacht Maggie
Book X: Of Mice and MacKays
Book XI: Auntie Mags (coming spring 2019)
Book XII: Moons Over My Maggie (coming fall 2019)



MAGGIE MACKAY HOLIDAY SPECIALS
The Ghost & Ms. MacKay
Red, White, and Maggie
My Maggie Valentine





Thoroughly love this series. As of today's writing I am finished with books 1 to 7 and am halfway through book 8, Maggie Reloaded. The characters are fun, the dialogue somewhat reminiscent of a noir novel, and the situations where Maggie has to save the world never-ending! And the elf! Man oh man...come on Maggie, just say yes girl! 

Grab it, read it, review it! If you enjoy paranormal with a twist, you will love the Maggie MacKay series!  

Grab it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MZ1F8E/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i5


 

No comments:

Post a Comment