Wednesday, April 24, 2019

ARC Review: The Lady's Lover, Book 4 in the Half Moon House series, by Deb Marlowe

I don't remember how I found Deb Marlowe, but I am so happy that I did!  Her Half Moon House series is an intricate balance of several facets of Regency life, all tied together with a bow of romance. And the covers! Just look at this beauty!

 

At Half Moon House, any woman can come to Hestia Wright for help. She’ll move heaven and earth to make things right for the downtrodden women of England—but she’ll never give her heart to another man.

The Earl of Stoneacre has long admired Hestia. He can’t help but be smitten with a woman with her strength, honor and purpose—not to mention her legendary beauty. But she’s made her indifference plain, and Stoneacre is not a man to push in where he’s not wanted.

Now they’ve been ordered to work together to defeat the Wicked Lord Marstoke once and for all. As the uneasy allies face untold peril and confront their pasts, trust and passion grow . . . but the greatest danger of all might be succumbing to a love that could never survive the obstacles in their way. 




As the last book in the Half Moon House series, I was eagerly awaiting this story. Hestia's story. The infamous courtesan that took Europe by storm. How would the war between Hestia Wright and Marstoke end? Well, I won't say, because you need to read the book yourself, but I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed the tale. Actually, after reading this book, I was compelled to go back and re-read the entire series, to see all of the intricate relationships that are contained therein. At that point I realized that I had actually (gasp!) MISSED A BOOK! I was horrified and immediately rectified my error. I am now the proud owner of not just the four novels, but all of the novellas as well. And I highly recommend that you do the same!

The time has come. Hestia Wright needs to face down her demon, the Marquess of Marstoke, and destroy him at the behest of the Prince Regent. Assisting her in this fearsome endeavor is John Everett, the Earl of Stoneacre, part of the Privy Council and an agent of the crown. Their alliance is shaky due to the growing attraction between them. Hestia has vowed never to give her love to another, and Stoneacre wants no one else. Together the pair can win against Lord Marstoke, but will they have a happily ever after of their own?

Attention to historical detail, intricate and believable relationships between her characters, and some steamy sex all combine to make Deb Marlowe one of my favorite writers of historical romance.


The Lady's Lower is available for pre-order now on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Ladys-Lover-Half-Moon-House-ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment